Old September 27th 12, 09:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
nospam

Default Canon 6D

In article , Floyd L. Davidson
wrote:

you didn't know what automatic meant and you think all base stations
have vertically polarized antennas.

I certainly don't know what *anything* means to *you*!

it's what the industry defines it as, not me. *they* are the ones
calling it automatic.

stop trying to weasel out of it.

And yes, virtually all base stations ahve vertically
polarized antennas.

previously, you said all, now it's virtually all? hilarious.

not that it matters. it's nowhere close to 'virtually all.' travel
routers, for example, are polarized in whatever orientation they happen
to be when used, particularly the battery operated ones, such as a
cellular mifi device.

having the selection be automatic spreads it out, without the user
having to figure out what to do. not everyone is a geek. most aren't.
even many of those who are geeks probably don't know what to pick.

All it has to be is a default to an "auto" mode that switches
between only three channels unless some other option in chosen.

Simple, easy...

except when that doesn't work.

What do you mean it does't work? It would work far better than
randomly picking just any channel.

except it's not random.

Sigh. I drew a graphic and made a chart previously that showed *precisely*
what the channel separation is.

The simple fact is that yes it will increase interference if you choose
anything else.

it will not increase anything.

Just interference.

nope.