Old December 19th 05, 11:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital

Default Getting that film look

In article ,
says...
I prefer trannies for playback and for bass but not for guitar or keys.
See, it is nice when we have a choice.

Of course. A choice is what it is all about. It does not have to be a
reasoned choice that is based on facts.

However, it is often based on fact.

In a capitalistic democracy, we
vote with our credit cards.

So, stop it.

Tube amplifiers clip differently than sold state amplifiers and thus have a
different spectral dispersion of harmonic distortion amplitudes. It's
mostly a bunch of nit-picking and cannot be detected in double-blind
listening tests.

It again depends on the test and the listeners. Try it with top mastering
pros.

Monster cables are another example of urban legends. They are an example of
a success story based on BS! Gotta love them for what they have
accomplished with sheer psychology and almost zero engineering expertise.

True.

Some just want to believe in the tooth fairy and some of us don't really
care, but have a hard time to always stay quiet.

Sorry to offend posters here ... I just simply disagree. Science is self
correcting and BS is self feeding.

You sound like an engineering student. Not sure what your background is
but get back to me after 30 years of practical application woking with
some of the worlds top audio engineers in design, mixing, mastering and
replication. There are a few things you might change your mind on.