Old October 17th 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Shoot out: Smart phone vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III

On 10/16/2014 9:06 PM, M-M wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Here arre some that were taken with an IR converted camera, so I cannot
show a color version for comparison.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/bow%20bridge.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/clark%20gardens.jpg

I had some fun with the same photo taken in IR and also in BW. It's way
more interesting in IR:

http://www.netaxs.com/~mhmyers/ir/gsir/gsir.html

I agree that IR can be and interesting technique. There are times when
you see things in the image that you never though was there.

Looks like you had done more in post than a simple desaturation on some
of those immages. Do I see the effects of channel swapping.

This image I simply swapped the red and blue channels.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/ir/ir%20faux1.jpg

As you can see the image has too much of a blue cast. So I played around
with removal of the blue cast and got this.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/ir/ir%20faux2.jpg

BTW The sculptue garden is a facinating place. While I didn't see great
photo ops, I just enjoyed walking around and admiring the sculptures.

--
PeterN