Old April 4th 09, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Rob B[_2_]

Default Microtek i700

RO wrote:
Looking for feedback on the Microtek i700 scanner. It has digital ICE
for FILM, unlike the i900. The specs look pretty good. I'm going to
buy a flatbed to scan my 645s in the next few months. It looks like
I'll have several good choices, the 4870 (or the next model), the
Canon 9950F, or the Microtek i700. I havent been able to find any
reviews or even any mentions of the i700. Any comments about this
scanner. It seems to sell for less than $350 which makes it
appealing. You can see it he

http://www.microtekusa.com/smi700.html

Thanks!

I have my experience of this scanner, but regularly scan 6x4.5, 6x6, and
6x7 on my Epson V700 without issue as this has a lamp in the lid that
projects light through the neg'/transparency onto the sensor, the film
holders included with the V700 cover 120 formats 35mm, and 4X5 sheet
formats.

I have used Microtek products in the past and they have always given
good results.

Rob.