Old April 3rd 05, 07:41 AM
measekite

I have tried Canon Photo Paper Pro, Surething, and Office Depot paper
printing the same professional photograph supplied by Adobe. Office
Depot was ok. Surething was good but the Canon Photo Paper Pro was just
superb. The Canon paper was like glass and the Surething should some
texture.

I also have but have not tried Costco Kirkland Glossy photo paper. I
have not spent any effort on determining who makes it but it is made in
Switzerland and Ilford has a plant there as well. It may be Ilford
Gallerie Paper. I hear it is good.

I also heard that people are having trouble with Kodak paper when using
Canon printers.

tomviolin wrote:

I just purchased a Canon PIXMA iP8500.

Does anyone have any experience using inkjet photo papers other than
Canon brand in this or a similar printer? For example, Kodak papers or
store brands like Office Max photo paper?

I have found the Canon-brand papers to be more expensive with less
variety than, say, HP.

I do have some HP glossy Brochure and Flyer paper lying around, but I
just can't get acceptable results with it on the Canon.

Help, Anyone?