Old October 14th 04, 04:25 AM
Gregory W Blank

Craig Schroeder wrote:

I've been on the same mission of finding an affordable medium format
capable scanner. I keep running into comments about Microtek software
being unstable and buggy. Along with this, I only seem to see
negative comments regarding their customer service and support. I'm
leaning toward the 9950F or 4870. Like you, I've found a very limited
amount of solid information on real-life performance and behavior on
this type of scanner. Maybe someone can chime in and enlighten us?
Any good links to info?

Just bought the Artix scan 120tf, have had it since
Monday I called Microtek and was helped right away,
no issues. The scan wizard is a little weird, but it may just be
I need more time to assimulate the info. I also have been using
the scanner with Silverfast Ai, which works better. The software
that can which it needed an update to work with my current OSX
version. I was able to download that from the repective websites.

You might check the Shutterbug website thats where I read about
my scanner. Once I get proficant at my process I'll post some scans.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918