Old July 2nd 04, 04:57 PM
Stephen H. Westin

Default Which screwdriver is best for camera repair

(James Cloud) writes:

I am trying to change the lithium battery in my Minolta 7000, but is
having a tough time removing three of the six screws. I used a 00
philip screwdriver. The size of the driver seems about right, but it
doesn't quite fit the screw. What the trick? Is there a special
screwdriver just for camera work?
James

The cross-slot screws common in Japanese cameras aren't actually
Phillips screws: they are JIS Type S, which needs a slightly thinner
blade on the screwdriver. A Google search will definitely find a
supplier. Sometimes a Phillips driver can be made to work, sometimes
not.

--
-Stephen H. Westin