Old February 19th 09, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Report: Film still available

Beefy LaSleep wrote:
On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:15:39 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

And a bit pricey. Not to mention rude, arrogant and service adverse.

Last time I went to look for Velvia at San Jose Camera & Video (I
dunno, they're a usually well stocked store, but often rather rude in
there!

Must have gotten inspiration from Keeble & Shuchat.

I have to say, however, that K&S' equipment rental business (other side
of the street) is very professional, helpful and polite.

With that in mind, and as I say I often get around the Bay mostly from
Palo Alto-Hayward, south to Monterey-Salinas, Santa Cruz, and all of
Silicon Valley in general. What's your recommendation for a store with
the kinds of films like Velvia, along with personnel who are kind
enough to thank you for your business??

No idea, I live far away... - but went to K&S on a recommendation from
several people on these NG's while in the area last summer. They also
suggested other stores. See Paul Furman's posts.

I have nothing against K&S, I would just hope that they remember where
there bread is buttered and begin to respect that. I wrote them an
e-mail on the subject. No reply. Go figure.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.