Old August 7th 08, 11:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Default looking for very reasonably priced 120/35 film scanner

Soldarity wrote,on my timestamp of 7/08/2008 5:06 AM:
What can I expect to pay? Can folks sugges particular models including
older used models that i might find on ebay or craigslist?
A decent resolution would be nice but as th itle says my budget is
very tight these days.

-jerry in seattle

at "very reasonable price" your only option is
a used flatbed. Try an Epson 4990: some folks
are ditching them to jump to the V700. They are
almost as good as, for 35/120.
The Rolls-Royce is the Coolscan 8000/9000 but
those are w-a-a-a-a-y too expensive if you're on
a budget.
You might try a 2nd-hand Microtek Artixscan 120tf,
they used to have quite a following because of
their "soft" light source. Who knows, you might
find one at a good price. Be aware that replacing
the light tube on those is a RPITA...