Old May 21st 07, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Glenn Meyers

Default Sony DSC-F717 issue

Hey I found the answer. I saw the Canon post below and went to the FIXYA
site. Here I discovered similar problems and that SONY was fixing the CCD
unit for free. I contact SONY online support and found that as a result of a
class action suit I had until this October to send my camera back to have
the CCD unit replaced!!!

--Glenn

"Glenn Meyers" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi, I am sure this is probably a serious problem that would cost a lot to
fix but hear goes any way.

The camera was working fine a week ago. I powered it up yesterday and the
images through the lens are stretched vertically and image is very pink.
There were also waves moving through the image. It is not the viewer
because I can look at older pictures on the chip just fine, it is just
when I aim to take a new picture.

Fixable or time for new camera?? It is only 4 years old.

Thanks,

Glenn