Old February 13th 18, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

Default Fuji's Moving Away From Retro

On 12/02/2018 17:20, Savageduck wrote:
David B. wrote:
On 12/02/2018 00:28, Savageduck wrote:
nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

Seat exhaustion means having your butt in a seat for 10+ hours from
SFO-AMS, and 11+ hours from AMS-CPT.

OK - thanks. The longest flight I've ever had took 56 hours (London to
Sydney). We arrived on the aircraft which had departed from Heathrow 24
hours after ours had departed - and that was late too!

no it wasn't.

your *entire* *trip* might have been 56 hours, especially with irrops,
but no one flight was anywhere near that long.

...and there is also the UTC+10 hour time difference to be accounted for.
That means a total actual travel time of ±46 hours, with ±30 hours in the
air.

Sadly you are mistaken this time, Savageduck.

It took 56 *REAL* hours from the time of take off from Heathrow until
the time of arrival in Sydney. Not the easiest of journeys with three
children under the age of nine!

The original aircraft suffered from mechanical faiure in the Middle East
and then the aircrew subsequently ran out of flying hours!

However, you were not in the air for 56 hours.

That is correct.

That is totally different to a normal flight, and this is the first time
you have spoken of mechanical, and crew issues to explain the time taken.

Agreed. I had no idea anyone might be interested.

Your journey was extended beyond the normal travel time for that particular
trip. The airline obviously had no deliberate intention of turning the trip
into an ordeal for all taking that flight.

Absolutley not! I did actually write to the Chairman of British Airways
after the event to point out that due, no doubt, to the mechanical
problem experienced intially, the next landing was, in my opinion,
dangerous. My letter WAS acknowledged but I was advised that the
internal enquiry into the events would not be made public.

--
David B.