Old July 9th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default One upmanship and Canon's claim

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:11:10 -0400, Spam THis dev/null wrote:
: RichA wrote:
: "Someone" posted that Canon said the new 1DMkIII has the finest images
: of an DSLR, even better than their current FF models. I do not know
: if this is true. But if it is, does it matter much? By Sept or so, a
: new 5D (7D) will be out and it will likely be the number one imager at
: that time. Then a new 1Ds will come out, and so on. Is there a point
: in stating something is "the best" only to have it usurped of it's
: title 4-6 months later? Why not just say that anything beyond 1.5 is
: going to produce exceptional images and it is the other features of
: the camera that should determine which one you buy, at least until
: something really exceptional comes along?
:
: So if that's the case why has Canon recalled the product?

Have they? I don't see it mentioned on their Web site. There's a "product
advisory" for the 1D3, but it has nothing to do with the autofocus problem.

Bob