Old July 8th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

Default Canned Air (Was One upmanship and Canon's claim)

Robert Coe wrote:
On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:10:22 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:
Robert Coe wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:16:46 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
number wrote:
Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
It's not advisable to use canned air to clear dust out of a DSLR,
especially on the sensor.

The only problem with canned air is when you tip the can ...

And so Mark passes up another opportunity to tell us how he made out
with his 1D3 at Canon's Irvine shop last week. I'm encouraged by
that. Mark wasn't at all reticent to say what he thought of the
1D3's autofocus problem and Canon's initially passive reaction to
it. His silence now suggests to me that the folks at Irvine found a
way to ensure that the AF problem won't spoil his Africa trip. They
would almost certainly have asked him not to advertise it widely,
lest all 1D3 owners start beating down their door.

Bob

You'e good. -Except that there are still problems. I've wanted to
type it all out, but it will take some doing... Long story. Very
interesting, though. I'll try to do it today...though I'm REALLY
struggling to be ready in time for my flght tomorrow...

Keep your priorities in order. We'll wait 'til you get back.

Bob

Thanks. A good reminder, as I get far too carried away fiddling with
doo-dads, etc., while my basics (clothes, etc.) remain un-packed...

www.pbase.com/markuson