Old July 8th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default Canned Air (Was One upmanship and Canon's claim)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 09:10:22 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
: Robert Coe wrote:
: On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:16:46 -0700, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even
: number wrote:
: Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
: It's not advisable to use canned air to clear dust out of a DSLR,
: especially on the sensor.
:
: The only problem with canned air is when you tip the can ...
:
: And so Mark passes up another opportunity to tell us how he made out
: with his 1D3 at Canon's Irvine shop last week. I'm encouraged by
: that. Mark wasn't at all reticent to say what he thought of the 1D3's
: autofocus problem and Canon's initially passive reaction to it. His
: silence now suggests to me that the folks at Irvine found a way to
: ensure that the AF problem won't spoil his Africa trip. They would
: almost certainly have asked him not to advertise it widely, lest all
: 1D3 owners start beating down their door.
:
: Bob
:
: You'e good. -Except that there are still problems. I've wanted to type it
: all out, but it will take some doing... Long story. Very interesting,
: though. I'll try to do it today...though I'm REALLY struggling to be ready
: in time for my flght tomorrow...

Keep your priorities in order. We'll wait 'til you get back.

Bob