Old July 8th 07, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default One upmanship and Canon's claim

On Jul 7, 8:13 pm, Rita Ä Berkowitz ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:
RichA wrote:
Oh yeah, have a good and safe trip too.

Thanks. Safety will be an issue, as I'll be carrying major camera
gear in some of the most crime-ridden areas in the world...traveling
alone most of the time. We'll see how it goes...

Check the local laws and carry a handgun and a rifle.

Somehow I suspect Mark is over dramatizing a bit. If Mark carries himself
properly he will have no problems from the local "thugs" and "gangsters"
that fill the wild streets. I know Mark will have a very safe and enjoyable
time.

Rita

I know it's hard to understand if you live in a nice, upscale
community filled with "progressive liberals" who love all mankind, but
at least TRY to stay current.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200707040216.html