Old July 7th 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

Default One upmanship and Canon's claim

On Jul 6, 11:56 pm, "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote:
Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:

On Jul 5, 9:20 pm, "Roger N. Clark" wrote
Here is my maintenance costs on my DSLRs:

D60 from 2002 to 2007: $0.00
10D from 2003 to 2007: $0.00
1DII from 2004 to 2007: $0.00
30D 2007: $0.00

You mean repair bills?

Yes,

Any canned air or wipes for dust removal used?

It's not advisable to use canned air to clear dust out of a DSLR, especially
on the sensor.

I did buy pec pads and eclipse, but have yet to use
any--never needed it, even after a safari in Africa.
I DO use canned air. I use an almost depleted
can, and only move the camera over the air stream,
keeping the can in one place.
At the rate I seem to need to clean, I would say
I've used maybe 1/3 of a small can, so $2.00 over
6 years. I've used caned air on optics and
electronic sensors for 30+ years.

Roger

He's probably referring to those stupid enough to incline or invert
the can, with inevitable consequences.