Old July 7th 07, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Default One upmanship and Canon's claim

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 5, 9:20 pm, "Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)"
wrote:
Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:
Bill Funk wrote:

Maintenance costs alone will destroy any aspirations of keeping a
dSLR for more than 18-months.

I don't understand this at all; experience says otherwise.
Could you expand on this?

After 18-months of being used properly you generally have maintenance
issues
to contend with. It is worse if you wear out a shutter assembly
prematurely. I know Canon had a streak of bad shutters that were taking
dump just after 15k actuations. It all eats into your useable
lifecycle.

Here is my maintenance costs on my DSLRs:

D60 from 2002 to 2007: $0.00
10D from 2003 to 2007: $0.00
1DII from 2004 to 2007: $0.00
30D 2007: $0.00

You mean repair bills?
Any canned air or wipes for dust removal used?

It's not advisable to use canned air to clear dust out of a DSLR, especially
on the sensor.