Old August 18th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Hilton

Default RAW in progress

Iceberg Concept, Inc. wrote:
I am trying (fort the first time) to open a RAW file that I shot with my
D70. I'm using Photoshop7.

When I "Open as" I get a dialog box that shows the following:
When I click OK I get a gray image...no picture. I read the Adobe PS Help
file but did not have any success.

The RAW converter version for Photoshop 7 doesn't support NEF files for
this model camera ... you can either upgrade to CS2 and use the
built-in converter or you can get the latest DNG converter from Adobe
and convert your RAW file to .dng format and then open the DNG with the
V7 converter or you can spend $99 on Capture One's RAW converter (which
I feel is better than the Adobe converter for Canon raw files) or you
can spend around $99 for the latest, greatest Nikon RAW converter
(which is supposed to be very good with NEF files).

There are other choices as well but one of these is probably your best
bet.

Bill