Old October 29th 03, 02:20 AM
Ron Andrews

Default APS Sucks.

I'm not sure I can add more after Peter Stegemann's post, but I'll
attempt a serious reply.
IMHO, APS is the best snapshot system ever designed. My Advantix 3700
has been on many hikes and ski trips and looks terrible, but it still turns
out quality pictures. I can change rolls with my gloves on when I'm skiing.
The camera remembers the date and time for each picture. I don't use the pan
format much, but I appreciate the "H" format. The simple plastic case that
holds index prints and cassettes is the best storage system we've used,
mostly because it is so easy. I say all this as one who appreciates good
image quality. I use my SLR when I'm serious about picture taking. On
occasion I will drag out the Crown Graphic and shoot 4x5 sheet film. I
wouldn't try to make a 20x30 enlargement from APS, but sometimes I want
simple snapshots. For that, APS is hard to beat.

--
Ron Andrews
http://members.hostedscripts.com/antispam.html