Old January 30th 05, 06:01 PM
Bandicoot

" -" wrote in message
.net...
If you have the Nikon 8000/9000, it's just large
enough to do 6x17 in two scans. Film flatness is a
bear, though, so if you've got the ventilation, the
Kami-fluid carrier sounds extremely attractive.

You can also use flatbeds a number of current flatbeds.
While initially the scans are not as sharp as the Nikon's,
very acceptable scans can be achieved with the right
post processing skills and you can scan a 6x17 in one
pass. Canon and Microtek now have some decent
6x17 holders standard with their higher end models.

Thanks for that thought. I use my old flat bed to do low res. scans of 4x5
(I have to send it out for really good scans, but this is OK for making
thumbnails and images to email). Unfortunatley the transparency hood for it
isn't long enough to cover a 6x17, so I think I'm stuck with the two pass
approach in my Minolta scanner for now. Still, it's something to bear in
mind when/if I replace my flatbed, since it isn't going to last forever.

Doug
--
Doug's "MF Film Holder" for batch scanning "strips" of
120/220 medium format film:

Hmmm - I've archived the link so that if I ever get a better flatbed I can

Peter