Old March 26th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default {PIC} Playing with Autopano and PTGui

On Mar 26, 9:17 am, Father McKenzie wrote:
Got to the lake just as the sun was setting, this is an 8 picture pano
using Autopano.
I tried it with PTGui but couldn't get the opposite shoreline straight
and PTG was putting a stright line through the rippled down the bottom
below the buoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverm...12998/sizes/l/

--
Father McKenziehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/silvermoon/

Hey Fr - nice work, although I do think it wants a foreground
element.. maybe a little row-boat..? Don't you keep one in your bag?

I'm about to get into panoramas more over the next 6 months - i can
feel it in my lenses.. And I really want to get the hang of them
'stepped out' ones, just like the great man has demonstrated... (O:

In PTGui, did you find the straightening thingies, (I think they are
"T" control points..)? They have worked for me when things got a
little bent, but it took me a while to work out how to use them. (Now
that I know how to use them, I must have been pretty thick..)