Old January 25th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Father McKenzie

Default Playing with PTGui (Lake Panorama)

That Rich wrote:
I took 4 shots and stitched them with PTGui.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...6562812&size=l

Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems one could get essentially the same
image using a 20mm lens.

Maybe, but I don't own a 20mm lens but I own PTGui

I also got this HDR from the same location

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...ext=photostrea...

Again, seems the same can be accomplished either with patience or a
grad ND.

Another 2 things I don't have

Digital has made a lot of *photographers* computer *experts*.

You must also hate modern movies. We don't move forward with
technology to live in the dark ages.

One of my HDR photos made the final 5 in a National (Australian) amateur
photo comp so someone out there must like it. And I will be honest the
image they selected I wasn't that fussed on. It has a nasty halo in the
centre of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...7167421&size=l

Nice photos.

Thanks