Old December 29th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm, aus.photo, rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default STAREDOWN WITH THE 40D !

On Dec 28, 9:38*pm, Scott W wrote:

In this case we are looking at a 100% crop and it is very sharp for a
100% crop, but down size a bit and it would look "over-sharpened" to
your eyes.

Exactly!
I had a helluva time with this one when I tried to downsize for the
web, especially if I used my usual Bicubic Sharper settings. Makes
the fur look like razor blades.
I finally gave up and decided to just post the full-size crop. The
deer was walking toward me and was ignorant of my presence until I
moved and showed myself when she was about 25 yards away. I could
have let her get close enough to pet if I'd wanted, but it would have
probably scared the hell out of her.