Old July 5th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bates[_2_]

Default Noisy Canon 70-300 IS Zoom

On Jul 5, 1:22 pm, "BEK" wrote:
I received this lens new on Tuesday and I find that the IS feature is
distractingly noisy at longer range. At 70mm it is much quieter. I also
have the Canon 17-85 IS and it is very quiet if not entirely silent.

Did I get a defective lens or do all 70-300 IS lenses behave in this manner?

Thanks for any input!

BEK

Hi BEK,

I've go the same lens and I must say I've not noticed it being
exceptionally noisy, however, to be honest I've never used it in a
very quite place either. I do find it hunts quite a bit at 300 mm if
you are not in a well lit situation (I often end up going to MF) but
I've not noticed it being loud.

I'll test it out again tonight....

Bates.....