Old September 28th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Progressiveabsolution

Default Kiev 60 vs. Mamiya/Pentax and questions regarding lenses for Kiev vs. Hassleblad/Rollei

Get a Pentax 67 and 3 lenses for it. While most of the former 35mm shooters
spout off "Film is dead!", You'll soon realize why it is not.

Of course, there is now the new 'blad with 39mp, 48x36mm sensor, so maybe
film is dead...

Better just get a 8x10 sheet film camera!
-S

One thing for sure, I like the color of the Pentax 67 much more than
the 645. I don't know how to describe it, but images with the 645 look
"flat" to me, flatter than the fuji look. But the 67 has some very
good tonal richness/depth that I really like. In a way, it reminds me
of the few images I have seen with the Flektogon/Sonnar lenses. Only
problem=cost. I did look into this system and it's quite a price. I
will have to re-look again and see if it is an option I can afford.
The photos I have seen, again, are really special, especially these
nature shots and then just simple candid or model based photos. The
color, again, has a very good tonality to it that I really like. And as
for sharpness...well...it's as sharp as one can ask for IMHO.

One thing for sure, all of these MF setups have some major
dimensionality to them that I just don't see with digital stuff w/some
exceptions. Again, just web images, of course, but they can tell
something I feel. In other words, when I have seen something and then
purchased it, my experience resembled what I saw on the web. Even my
weak setup with a 300D and kit lens showed the extremely distinct look
of Canon digital DSLRs. EVERY canon DSLR image has this same look that
I saw with my camera and kit lens...in spite some color difference, it
shows in the 5D shots also.

BTW, for tokyoboy, there's a very nice image with the 5D and Flektogon
20mm posted on the manual lens forum that looks wonderful.