Old September 27th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Progressiveabsolution

Default Kiev 60 vs. Mamiya/Pentax and questions regarding lenses for Kiev vs. Hassleblad/Rollei

I know this isn't the right forum, but I also know many around here
have shot with these at one point or another. The fact that the other
"film" based boards are basically dead makes me feel this is the best
place to make the post. I hope the board does not have a problem with
this as I also am an advocate of digital photography. But for a time,
I want to do medium format so I would have been able to compare my
digital with 35mm film, and now medium format images. Here are my
questions:

1) Is it best to go with the Kiev 60 (current model or one that has
been CLA'd) OR should I go with a Mamiya/Pentax...and the reasons
why...pros/cons for both cameras?

2) With the lens selection, I have learned the late model Flektogon and
Sonnar are good choices. What other lenses are as good/better? than
these two in the 100-120mm length? I know there is the late model
Biometer, but can it be bested by something else?

3) For those that have also shot with the Rollei/Blad lenses,
specifically the traditional 50/80/150 ones, what can you say about
them by comparison to the ones for the Kiev? From what I have seen, it
seems people tend to think the Flektogon is better than the Distagon
whil the 80mm Planar is better than any Kiev offering, and the 150mm is
not as good as the slightly longer 180mm Sonnar. Are these comparisons
true or not so...and what other lenses in the Kiev lineup could be
tossed in against the Rollei/Blad "traditional 3" as being similarly
good or better.

Thanks all for your help, particularly with the camera to use and then
with the lenses to go with.