Old May 6th 04, 04:30 AM
Stacey

Default Building a View camera to use Hassy or Kiev backs

Jim-Ed Browne wrote:

No one seems to know exactly what Kiev changed when they started
making the FP Hasselblad clone.

I just told you, it's mainly the gearing. I don't think the light trap
raised part of the back is the same either.

I have heard Hassy users say that the
reworked Kiev backs work pretty well, but no one seems to know what
gets altered.

They change the gearing. Hartblei made 'blad compatable backs and made up
new gearing to match the hasselblads. As far as how well they work, I
bought a Hartblei camera modified to use 'blad backs and the only problems
have happened when I tried to use the kiev 'modified to 'blad specs" back
instead of a real 'blad backs. Since both are driven from gearing inside
the camera, their use on a view camera would be difficult.

--

Stacey