Old May 5th 04, 07:32 PM
Jim-Ed Browne

Default Building a View camera to use Hassy or Kiev backs

Also the backs you mentioned are 6X6, the gearing is different between the
two and the body advances the film. I'd -highly- recomend avoiding the kiev
backs, it's the worst part of a bad camera! :-)

Something like the 2X3 graphloc back stolen off a baby graphic or the back
off of a graphlex would be a much better place to start.

I really don't need 6x7 or 6x9. And I already have a Hasselblad. I
want a little bit of swing and tilt and I want to use some extant
cheap optics.

No one seems to know exactly what Kiev changed when they started
making the FP Hasselblad clone. I have heard Hassy users say that the
reworked Kiev backs work pretty well, but no one seems to know what
gets altered.