Old September 27th 04, 08:38 PM
Richard Cockburn

Brian C. Baird wrote in
:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04...lympuse300.asp

8 Megapixel consumer DSLR from Olympus ... will this be a formidable
challenge to the Canon Digital Rebel and the Nikon D70? Will this be
the big break for four thirds?

Three new lenses too ...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04...mpuslenses.asp

My guess with that sensor size is... No.

On the surface, that is what one would expect, but the first time DSLR
owner might not be as concerned about that. Look at how many people are
buying these 8MP cameras like the Pro1 ... with a 2/3 sensor. If the price
is right, Oly might actually have something here.

I still plan to buy my 20D very soon. My EOS bag is pretty decent, and this
now Oly model can't touch the 20D. I'll also be keeping the 10D.
Nonetheless, I still like to see competition among the manufacturers, and
it will be interesting to see how this affects the entry-level DSLR market
.... if it has any effect at all.

--
"We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

-Richard Cockburn