Old September 27th 04, 09:09 PM
Richard Cockburn

"Frank ess" wrote in news:s8idnfVm1My978XcRVn-
:

I'd like to suggest an answer for the Naming question on dpreview: The
inquirer wanted to know why Oly can't just call this new one the E-300
or some such.

Look at the number of posts in this group around the time Mr. Canon
introduced his 300D that were from Brand New users who referred to their
cameras as "Digital Rebel". Still happens. Watch how many who go for the
Oly and show up talking "EVOLT".

How can you expect to combat a REBEL with an e-something?

I think EVOLT is the American name, and E-300 is the international name.
They do that to combat grey market sales in the USA. I agree that the E-300
was a poor name choice ... not that EVOLT ia much better. ;-)

--
"We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

-Richard Cockburn