Old August 24th 18, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Nikon mirrorless FF's launch. Sony FF sales about to drop. A lot.

In article , RJH says...
In my hardly informed opinion, the reason for being of mirrorless seems
to be many of the the advantages of DSLR without the size, weight and
cost. About right?

In my opinion the reasons to be in mirrorless a

- the bodies are a bit smaller (than the DSLR ones)
- better AF for non-static scenes (the sensor "sees" what is going on
all the time and should be able to better track moving subjects)
- the shorter distance between the lens and the sensor should (I'm not a
lens expert) allow more degrees of freedom when designing lenses
- besides, swinging mirrors are a thing of the past. Doesn't make sense
to keep them in the digital age.

--
Alfred Molon