Old August 24th 18, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Nikon mirrorless FF's launch. Sony FF sales about to drop. A lot.

On 24/08/2018 11:34, RJH wrote:
[]
In my hardly informed opinion, the reason for being of mirrorless seems
to be many of the the advantages of DSLR without the size, weight and
cost. About right?

Yes, it should be, but once you get into full-frame, the lenses are
typically /not/ that much smaller (even worse if you use older lenses
which then need an adapter). Weight, yes, but nothing like as much
saving as APS-C or Micro Four Thirds. As to cost, I don't get that
impression from the Nikon offerings!

--
Cheers,
David