Old May 14th 14, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default Lightroom and Aperture, shared library?

So, before I start testing, perhaps someone knows. Maybe not about
Aperture, but Lightroom at least.

So I currently have some 300GB of images in my Aperture library, which is
"managed", meaning it is kept inside a special Aperture library folder.

Now, if I were to transform this to a referenced library, I would get a
neat folder system on the hard drive. I have no need for this specifically,
but I am hoping that it would enable me to use more than just Aperture to
access and edit the files.

The question is - can Lightroom (and Aperture) auto-add files it finds in a
given path? Let's say I have Aperture export all my images to
/Volumes/Photos/Library, and then I tell Lightroom to import the images
from this path.

The idea is that from that point on, I would use either Aperture or
Lightroom to import images from the camera (or another tool) and the ideal
situation is for Lightroom to auto-import new images it find in
/Volumes/Photos/Library when starting up, or would i have to manually
import all photos in both applications?

Any ideas?

--
Sandman[.net]