Old April 9th 05, 06:02 PM
jonkke

The good point about phone cameras is that it's basically always with
you... Naturally the quality of the photos with your "beast" camera is
on totally different level, but I can hardly imagine that one fitting
into a handbag? It could I guess, but I believe you get my point. Both
mentioned types of cameras have their distinct uses, don't you think
so?

And the point is actually just what you asked: I would like to expect
something wortwhile from my phonecam. With it's VGA resolution, the use
of the photos is very limited, veeery limited. The point of the website
i mentioned (http://www.smartpics.net)was to bring out into a
discussion one possible way to print out photos taken with mobile phone
cameras. For this, the resolution is sufficient and printouts look very
nice. The whole point is, like you know if you checked the site, is
that when printed out into 10x15cm paper, each of four photos occupies
5x7.5cm.

Haven't anybody actually ever tried to print out their camphone photos
in this manner? (whatever camera / resolution...)

Jouni