Old February 25th 15, 03:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Can iPad 3 handle true 1080p?

On 2015-02-25 00:34:46 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

I've made a slide show which I wish to get into my 1080p TV set. I was
going to use the iPad but iTunes refuses to copy it on the grounds
that the iPad cannot process it. Reading around it seems that the
1080p _might_ be the problem. Can anyone throw any light on this?

I am making the assumption that you are doing this with LR and that in
the "Export Video" dialog you selected 1080p. Note the iPad should be
able to handle 1080p mp4s particularly with some versions with screen
resolution optimized for 2048x1536.

Have you considered getting Lightroom Mobile (free) for your iPad and
syncing it with LR5 and CC? Just one more thing you are paying for with
your subscription. and it doesn't use much memory on the iPad.

For viewing on a TV the iPad might not be the best intermediary, unless
you have it paired with an Apple TV for streaming. Something such as a
NAS (I have a 4GB WD MyCloud setup) works pretty good with both my Sony
& Sharp TVs, my Mac, and my iOS devices. Otherwise a thumb drive might
be a viable option.

Savageduck