Old February 22nd 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

Default Digital camera advice

In article , ray
wrote:

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:39:45 +0000, Conna wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a new digital camera.I want a compact one with image
stabilization and about 8mp. There are so many on the market and the
more I look the more I get confused so I was wondering if anyone could
reccommend a couple for me under the £200 mark. I like the Sony
Cybershot range but I have read good and bad reviews about all of them.

I want it for general purpose use but I do take a lot of photo's in the
dark and the trouble I have at the moment with my old camera is I get a
lot of blurred images.

Any help would be appreciated.

nb. I would like one with a Lithium ion rechargable battery.

Thanks.

My advice: find one that does not have any 'deal breakers' and buy it.
You'll waste more time than you can imagine trying to find the 'perfect'
unit. If you're close to your max price target, nothing you find should
be a total waste.

I agree. The OP should go to a good camera shop and try out a few
cameras there to see which fits him best.