Old May 10th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
BVStaples

Default Everything I've always wanted to know about sodium sulfite but was afraid to ask...

Greetings all:

I recently picked up a Polaroid 545 and some film, along with the
requisite sodium sulfite and other goodies, and I have some questions
about the sodium sulfite, but cannot find the answers anywhere!

First, is whatever I put in the tray a one-shot use, or can I use the
same solution for multiple negatives? How do I know when it's
depleted? If it's a one use situation, so be it. I do plan on shooting
and then coming home to process, rather than develop in the field.

Second, once used, what's the proper disposal method? I have friends
who pour everything down the drain, and then those who recyle
everything.

Thanks in advance.

Brian