Old November 7th 04, 04:56 PM
Greg

In article RTUid.55498$VA5.18482@clgrps13, "no-name"
wrote:
Bluefire Police is often said to be Copex Rapid Pan AHU, but it is not. When
given identical exposure in a sensitometer, and processed together in
Bluefire HR developer, they develop quite differently. In twelve minutes of
continuous agitation, Copex develops to gamma 0.33, while Bluefire Police
develops to gamma 0.48. Copex has a more abrupt shoulder, Bluefire Police a
more abrupt toe. Their speeds are about the same, but Bluefire Police is a
little faster. The emulsion colors of the two films are noticeably
different. I have tried to find out what Bluefire Police is, but I have only
been told is an Agfa microfilm not available outside Europe. Nothing more
specific.

David Foy
http://www.bluefire.ca

Not sure whether this post is actually from David Foy, given the fact that
there's no real name on the post. If it is, he should have remembered what he
posted on photo.net in October, 2003:

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=004JAv

David Foy , oct 08, 2003; 10:45 a.m.
Disclaimer: I am the person who makes and sells these products.

"Bluefire Police" film is a microfilm, Tura Pan Line, made and packaged in
Germany. "Bluefire HR" developer is based on the H&W Control formula, as
disclosed in the patent, functionally identical but slightly modified for
longer package life. It gives similar results with Fuji Super HR and Agfa
Copex Rapid Pan AHU (which was the original H&W film).

The rating of EI 80 is realistic. The Bluefire film/developer combination
compares favorably with the only other similar film/developer combination
widely available today, which is Kodak Technical Pan and Technidol developer,
which is most often shot at about EI 25.

Manufacture and marketing of the Bluefire products is now in the hands of
Adox Fotowerke, Inc., who will give them wider distribution. The Adox
Fotowerke web site (http://www.adox.net) does not yet have information
available as of this date (early October 2003).

David Foy

I certainly hope this helps to clear up any confusion.

--Greg

Greg Mikol

This email address is registered with the Washington State
Attorney General's office and WAISP.

Unsolicited Commercial Email sent to this address in violation
of RCW 19.190.020 is subject to civil penalties of $500 per
offense.