Old March 11th 04, 06:40 PM
PWW

Default Florida: Venice and Ding Darling, Venice rookery future

It actually stabbed him through the head and neck first with it bill. It
held it that way for quite a while, or till the gator was almost dead. Then
the GBH dunked it a bunch of times to wet it down for easy gulping and down
it went.

You can see it at my site, in the Great Blue Heron Index. It's the first
image. When I did art shows it always was a great conversation starter, and
I even sold a few. We called it "Taste Like Chicken" at the shows, and it
always got a chuckle.

PWW
--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,

On 3/11/04 1:19 PM, in article
,
"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

The very first photo I got published (and paid for)
in a National Magazine was of a Great Blue Heron Catching and Eating a two
and one half foot long live alligator.

Now that's something I would think twice about before putting it in my mouth
head first.