Old March 11th 04, 07:57 AM
Stefan Jondral

Default Florida: Venice and Ding Darling, Venice rookery future

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:18:57 -0700, "Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark)" wrote:

Hi all, since there has been some activity on this group
on the Venice rookery and Ding Darling, here are a few images
processed from my ~4500 frames from last week:

http://www.clarkvision.com/galleries/gallery.NEW

nice pics - as always
i specially like this one:
Image ID: egret.sunset.c02.29.2004.img_8300.b-600.jpg
TITLE=Great Egret Sunset Silhouette

Concerning the Venice Rookery, what is it's future?
There has been pressure to build on the grounds (fended off
as I heard from locals), but with all the building
activity in the region, there are many fewer birds nesting there
than even 5 years ago. So where have the birds gone?
Are there similar rookeries around that offer similar
photo ops?

i always enjoyed beeing there and would hope that it will last for
quite a long time from now. there are many places in sw florida to
nest but so many on a small spot with that really good photo ops is
not easy to find.

Gruß
Stefan

--