Old October 9th 04, 03:07 AM
Jorge Gasteazoro

Donald Qualls wrote in message .com...
Shelley wrote:

You're right, that hadn't occurred to me -- probably because I load my
tubes in a changing bag; I don't (yet) have a genuine darkroom, or even
a room with running water that I can make dark (like a bathroom). The
house I just moved into has huge windows in both bathrooms, and since my
wife insists on curtains, a simple cover for the inside isn't easy to
arrange.

I still prefer daylight fill, at least as an option. I can do the BTZS
method with my existing tubes with little (and cheap) modification, if I
choose, and you can't use BTZS tubes with enough liquid to (for
instance) stand develop without filling them in the dark come stop bath
time; stand and semi-stand are options I like to have.

--
I may be a scwewy wabbit, but I'm not going to Alcatwaz!
-- E. J. Fudd, 1954

Donald Qualls, aka The Silent Observer
Lathe Building Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/HomebuiltLathe.htm
Speedway 7x12 Lathe Pages http://silent1.home.netcom.com/my7x12.htm

and don't expect them to be perfect.

Ah Donald, you unbeleiver...:-)) You can fill the longer container in
the light and then just load the film if you have a stand to hold the
containers. Is what I do when I want to do this too...of course the
welding rod tubes are longer than the film, this might be a spilling
problem with the 4x5 tubes made by the VC store. OTOH, I dont think
anybody is saying your idea is bad, just not practical for those of us
with 10 thumbs...:-))