Old December 29th 16, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Small bird not timid

On 12/29/2016 12:20 AM, Robert Coe wrote:
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 13:29:09 -0500, PeterN wrote:
: On 12/27/2016 9:21 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
: On Tue, 27 Dec 2016 14:15:07 -0800 (PST), RichA wrote:
: : http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...53263/original
:
: I'm guessing that was taken in a National Park. A National Park animal never
: turns down a free meal.
:
: Bob
:
:
: AFAIK feeding the critters in National Parks is not encouraged. However
: in one bird sanctuary near us, Elizabeth Morton, feeding the birds in
: encouraged. There may very well be others.

They don't like you feeding animals that can be dangerous, like bears and
mountain lions. And they worry that you'll feed any animal something that he
likes but isn't good for him. And of course people leave plastic wrappers
around that still smell of food, which the animals sometimes eat. The most
effective moochers seem to be squirrels and chipmunks. And of course seagulls
- who usually don't mind posing for photographs.

: BTW Hope you guys are prepared for your oncoming storm.

We're led to believe that this may be one of those rare storms where the snow
falls mainly in ski country. So we're leeping our fingers crossed.

Hope that's right. Win. Win.

--
PeterN