Old October 28th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default A positive form negative

In article ,
Richard Knoppow wrote:

I like the idea of using lith film. By choice of
developer the contrast might be made the same as positive
printing films. Kodak Fine-Grain Release Positive used to be
dirt cheap and came in 100 foot spools. No more but there
may be FGRP available outdated. Because it is so slow the
chances are it can be quite old without being fogged. Its
ideal for making B&W slides from B&W negatives but won't
work for color negatives because it is sensitive only to
blue light. In fact, it can be handled under a red
safelight. Some lith film is blue sensitive but panchromatic
lith film has been made (maybe still?) and might be quite
useful.

The 35mm Kodalith I remember was "Kodak Ektagraphic HC". It's been
discontinued and I am not sure *any* Kodalith remains in production.

Wow.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX