Old March 2nd 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Dave[_8_]

Default "New" TMY: same as it ever was?

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
I happen to have all three sets of Kodak rotary-processing recommendations
for Tmax 400 in front of me: the old (prior to move to new coating facility)
Publication F-32, the "new" (first generation at new coating faciity) F-4016,
and the "newest" (current production, "finer grain!") F-4032.

Kodak claims that the "finer grain" TMY -- the newest stuff -- has "slightly"
different processing times than the generation immediately prior. If their
table is to be believed -- nonsense.

The data in the newest -- F-4032 -- publication, for the "finer grain"
film appear, for rotary processing of sheet film, to exactly match the
data in the oldest -- F-32 -- publication, for the "old coating facility"
film.

Time to plug in the densitometer again and hope it's still working, I
suppose. I wonder what exactly Kodak is up to: did they revert production
to how (and where?) it used to be before the first set of changes?

If anyone here needs I have an ESECO Speedmaster B&W densitometer Model
T-80BD and a Bessler 45 MXT enlarger4 looking for a new home.

Also have a couple of Componon S lenses, carriers and other goodies also
looking.

Best,
Dave