Old September 15th 06, 06:39 PM posted to aus.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Padu

Default New Sony GPS Camera Accessory

"Bill Again"

I seem to have missed something here. Does the GPS info attached to the
photo give a degrees coordinate or a an actual location? That is, does it
include something like an address?

Probably not.

To do so presumably it would need a built in map as well in.

Right

Otherwise it will give you what my navigation device does, and that is a
set of lat/ lon coordinates which to my mind is not going to be all that
clear to the average user.

Unless you are a perfect geography geek, you're right, it doesn't make sense
even for the more advanced user. The real advantage of recording
geocoordinates in the exif is the possibility of using a mapping software
(such as google maps) to plot where the photos were taken

Cheers

Padu