Old August 22nd 06, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Allen

Default gimp on linux

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 22:00:18 GMT
no_name wrote:

Ivan Danicic wrote:

Hello all, I find that certain important features of gimp don't
work on linux e.g. unsharp mask. It woks well on windows XP. Has
anyone else experienced this? Any comments gratefully received.
Ivan

Interesting, since AFAIK Gimp was originally written specifically for
Linux (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Well, Unix, anyway. The earliest versions of the GIMP required Motif,
which was an expensive add-on on Linux systems. I used the GIMP on
Suns years before I ever saw it running on Linux.

The OP didn't say which distribution or which version of the GIMP he's
using. In any event, unsharp mask works fine here on Fedora Core 5,
GIMP 2.2.12.

Paul Allen