Old December 17th 03, 05:29 AM
PWW

Default Photo critque

On 12/16/03 11:18 PM, in article
, "Al Denelsbeck"
wrote:

Whoops! It would seem Mike now has to vacate another newsgroup
because people wouldn't buy his bull****. Haven't seen too much of him over
on rec.photo.equipment.35mm. Quite possibly because enough people realized
he was a camera salesman who thinks holding an empty camera counts for
something (you can see he recommends this). Also because very few people
over there listen to big talk - we tend to actually use the cameras in
question. With film in them, even.

Yikes, sorry, I did not realize I was feeding the trolls.

Sorry, Mike, what was this about a free website? You should know
those things cost money. Like Leicas. You should care enough to spend money
on a site, shouldn't you? Otherwise you're not serious, are you? At the
cost of a few rolls of processing you can have a damn big site for a year.
I fail to understand how a Leicaphile who recommends spending inordinate
amounts of money on a nameplate can find a website to be prohibitive. Or
are the sales commissions just not coming through?

Ah, but I guess the whole point is "high art", is it not? So high
that the very sublime perfection of it exists only for the creator, and
thus can not be expressed in terms as gauche as what somebody might be
(un)willing to pay for it. Other people would call this "fooling yourself",
but then other people tend to try and make sense...

"Hear, Hear!" (It is an abbreviation for "hear, all ye good people, hear
what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!) Couldn't resist the
quotation. :-)

Have fun waving an empty camera around. You can be even cooler by
foregoing the camera, and framing things with your hands!

Great comment! Wish I would have thought of that.
PWW
--
PWW (Paul Wayne Wilson)
Over 1,000 Photographs Online at,