Old June 19th 04, 03:08 AM
Neil Gould

Default missing MF converts Not just feared future fate, but present hurt.

Recently, Q.G. de Bakker posted:

Neil Gould wrote:

I can easily understand that, from a marketing perspective. Fuji has
considerable penetration into the world of film. A collaboration
between two major names in film would make the marketing of new
photographic products easier. Panasonic is all but invisible in that
realm.

Ah, no, it wasn't anything involving film that Leica needed Fuji for.

I was *not* suggesting that a Leica/Fuji collaboration would be for a film
camera. I tried to express that Fuji's large presence in the world of film
photographers would make it easier to market *any* photographic product
that the partnership made. Certainly, it would be an easier sell than
products from the Leica/Panasonic collaboration, because Panasonic does
not have as much of a reputation among film photographers.

Neil