Old December 12th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Kinon O'Cann

Default [SI] Autumn Critique

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Kinon O'Cann wrote:

Paul Furman: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/90213624

Geez, Paul, you make this too easy. San Francisco? Japanese Tea Gardens?
Spiders? Come now. You couldn't have driven to Yosemite for some color?
Give us the cliches we want? Sigh....

The Ginkgo trees are still in fall color:
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/12-8-07-tea-garden/full-set/pg2pc9
..but this was the better shot. I'm headed to Arizona for a cactus-y xmas
if that's exotic enough for ya.

Not damn! Leaves? Shot with an expensive DSLR? You shoulda submitted that
shot. A real curve breaker on the grades, for sure.

However, you did shoot with expensive gear, so you seem to give a rat's
ass about the shoot-in. Remember, it's the gear, not the shot.

It's all about the exif :-)
I was able to choose a good background by moving around & still get the
tilted web in focus... a perfect application for this specialty micro
nikkor.

Grade: B

I'll take it.