Old December 12th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
JimKramer

Default Autumn Critique

On Dec 12, 9:35 am, "Kinon O'Cann" wrote:
Well, work has let up a little, so why not take the time to trash someone
else's efforts? Like they say, if you can't do it, criticize it. You may
conclude, after reading this, that my photography is on par with my
critiquing skills. Lastly, do not check your sense of humor at the door.

Jim Kramer: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/90194278

Well, we've got to cut Jim some slack here. It's obvious that he's spending
so much time administering the shoot-in that it's affected his photography.
How else to explain this? No leaves, which means winter to me, no turkeys
(unless that's one of the local turkeys), football, or anything that our
society has taught us to associate with autumn. Very disappointing. However,
since you are the administrator of the shoot-in, it's obvious that you take
it seriously.

Grade: A-

Screw society! Down with the Man! (A) Forever! Disciples of Disciple
gaze upon this and despair.

An A- Geeze now every one will be gunning for me 'cause a messed up
the curve. :-)

Helen Silverburg: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/image/90196207

Leaves? Check. But where's the beef? I used to think that Helen was a Bret
sock puppet, but now I'm not sure. Unless Bret dumbed-down one of his shots,
removed the EXIF, and submitted under his SP. I would have liked a different
angle so the stairs didn't look so much like old railroad tracks. Plus, with
no EXIF info it's obvious that HelenBret does not take the shoot-in
seriously.

Grade: B

Helen is a real live person. Far too kind to be a Bret sock puppet.

Just curious, did you use to teach at a community college? Your
grading scheme looks familiar.

Thank for commenting,
Jim